We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
1460 Waukegan Road
Glenview, IL 60025
Phone: (847) 729-4688
Fax: (847) 729-7383
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Tim Joyce, Manager email@example.com
• Hummingbirds and orioles return at the beginning of the month.
• Warbler migration peaks early in May. Nearly 30 species will migrate through the region.
• Sub-adult Purple Martins return to establish new colonies early in the month.
• Yearling Purple Martins (previous year's fledglings) arrive mid- to late-May.
• Peak of warbler migration early to mid-month.
• Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, nighthawks, Wood Thrushes, Veerys and Chimney Swifts return.
• Peak of bird courtship. Listen for the morning chorus.
• Nesting materials are being collected.
• Chickadees and titmice become scarce at feeders as they nest and raise their young.
• Mosquitoes can begin to be a problem late in the month.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.